BA (Hons) Global Management - pathway in Global Business Management
UCAS code N123
Next Start Date - 9 September 2013 - Apply online here
Why should I choose this pathway?
Selecting the Global Business Management pathway equips you with a wide range of up-to-date skills and knowledge which supply the employer’s need for a proactive and holistic approach to contemporary business management.
You will show your knowledge and understanding of the global dimensions of business and management in both breadth and depth, particularly in the key areas of managing people, resources and information.
You will gain a thorough understanding of corporate strategy, human resources, economics, the law and creative thinking in many contexts.
The Global Business Management Pathway specifically explores and interweaves three main strands:
- Entrepreneurship - setting up and running businesses
- The human factor - managing individuals and groups within and beyond the firm
- Operations related issues - global distribution and supply chain challenges
There are other themes running in parallel, for example understanding the global political economy and issues relating to sustainability. Together these will contribute to a broad and deep holistic understanding of the content and the context of running global organisations.
This degree pathway will allow you to develop the following key skills:
- Managerial, intercultural, personal and business skills to lead and manage people in different cultural contexts
- Large and small-scale strategic thinking
- IT strategies and ‘know-how’
- Competency in multicultural teamwork and group projects
- Awareness of creative thinking in business, and the ability to apply business skills in a creative manner
Back to top
This degree pathway is an excellent choice for those who wish to work in the following industries or to continue with postgraduate education:
- Broad-based business career within a diverse range of employers ranging from Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to global corporations
- Family run businesses
- New business ventures
- Strategic management
- Global Distribution
- Cross-cultural management
- Human Resources
- Management Consulting
Please note that this award is currently validated by The Open University.
What will I study?
In Semesters 1-3 you will you will take the same core classes essential to the Global Business Management degree. In Semesters 4-6 you will study the core and specialist pathway modules listed here.
In Semesters 5 and 6, you will also choose six modules from the pool of elective modules. Of these, three have to be electives assigned to your pathway, while the remaining three can be chosen from any of the pathway electives.
Back to top